[Ads-l] Only the latest ...

Mon Oct 20 20:56:36 UTC 2014

David Barnhart wrote
> Headline for article in Google News:
> Harvard Etymologist discovers
> nightmare-worthy gigantic spider in the wild

[Warning: off topic attempt at humor]

The remarkable arachnid was discovered when the intrepid etymologist
noticed faintly visible words spelled out in the tenuous filaments of
an enormous delicate web. "My linguistic training was vital. It
allowed me to recognize this anomalous verbal pattern," said the
swashbuckling academic adventurer. Scientists are now working
intensely attempting to decipher the spidery language.
[End of excerpt]