pull a train, was "Gang-bang": It's alive!

Indigo Som indigo at WELL.COM
Mon Sep 1 16:05:40 UTC 2014

fwiw, I heard “pull a train” sometime in jr. high, Marin County CA in the late 70s. The more in-the-know friend who explained it to me used it so: “I heard she pulled a train.” My friend’s explanation left the (non)consent piece so ambiguous that even at that age I smelled a slut-shaming, rape-culture rat. Not that rape culture or slut-shaming were concepts that we had at that point, but I just remember frowning w/ confusion, wait a minute, did she get raped or did she want to do that, & why is it her fault &/or why is it her action (grammatically) if she gets gang raped?!

“Pull a train” was not in wide use among my acquaintances then; it’s possible I may have only heard it from that one friend.