NADS

Edward Callary ecallary at NIU.EDU
Tue Sep 9 17:45:46 UTC 2014

Anyone want a complete (I think) run of the Newsletter of the American Dialect Society, vols. 1.1 thru 37.3, mint condition? Let me know.

Edward Callary
Professor of Linguistics
English Department
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
ecallary at niu.edu
815 753 6627

Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       "Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET>
Subject:      "the long vacation disease", 1707

"Henry Higden of the Temple, Counsellor, was so miserably troubled
with the Long Vacation Disease, or the Defectus Crumene [lack of
funds], that the Sage Benchers of the House threatened to Padlock his
Chamber-door for non-payment of Rent"

(See Wikepedia for "Henry Higden", member of the Middle Temple, wit,
and companion of all the choice spirits of the ttown.)

JSB