ask, n.

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Sep 24 19:56:35 UTC 2014

The opening sentence of a (quite favorable) NYT book review by Lydia Millet on Sam Lipsyte's 2010 book "The Ask", at
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/books/review/Millet-t.html--

Sam Lipsyte’s third novel, “The Ask,” is a dark and jaded beast — the sort of book that, if it were an animal, would be a lumbering, hairy, crypto­zoological ape-man with a near-crippling case of elephantiasis.

But no, I haven't read the book.

LH