Ozark French - Pawpaw

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 25 14:27:18 UTC 2014

A US language called "pawpaw" http://n.pr/1rvKH11
It's spelled "pawpaw".   I would assume it's called ~paupau (with the "awe" vowel.)   I hope it's not pronounced ~paappaa as per thefreedictionary.com
Sure enough.  An awe-dropping newslady says ~paapaa (the "ah" vowel) in this video right off the bat but then modifies to the "awe" vowel latter on in the clip but later on her own goes back to ~paapaa again.I'd say Allison was a California girl.  She has some creaky voices, says ~et for "it", ~gud for "good",  ~eeng for "ing".http://n.pr/1DyCiie

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 12.See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk