"What's not to love?"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Sep 30 03:58:22 UTC 2014

Interesting.  I kept thinking it sounded like a Yiddishism, and Max Shulman (of Dobie Gillis fame) would indeed qualify as a likely conduit.  His Wikipage doesn't tell us that he was Jewish, but with a name like Max Shulman…

I did learn from the Wikipedia page that Martha Rose Shulman, purveyor of vegetarian food columns in the Times, is Max's daughter, so that's something.

LH