[Ads-l] "on the nose"

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 7 02:03:56 UTC 2015

Two on the nose. 20150407
WB:  So, I guess, when playing charades now, we need to polysemize the
[left single index finger on tip of nose, right index finger pointing at
correctly guessing partner (or vice versa)] gesticulation. For us normal
folks, it's {Bingo! That's what I was fishing for, partner!}. For them
UrbanDic-'tater-tots, however, it's just another whiney putdown zinger:
[You'll hurt some person's feelings saying that, you bully you!].
     Suggest [two fingers on the nose, with finger-pointing] for 'too on
the nose'.