[Ads-l] Physical Wallet, Hardware Wallet

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 9 19:35:32 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 8:11 AM, ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
> wrote:

> The text that I am sent via the mailing list gateway from Dennis Baron
> is encoded and unreadable. I typically read ADS mailing list messages
> using the web interface of Gmail.
>
> The message from Brian Hitchcock on this thread was also encoded and
> unreadable to my email reader.

The same is true for me. My experience is that any formatting will blow up
in my face - and in the faces of ADS-L. So, I always remove any formatting.
Even then, some of my posts arrive with random garbles in them, because
I've done something like forgetting to ensure that quotation marks and
apostrophes are dumb, since the smart ones are seen as "formatting," as is
using one m-dash instead of two n-dashes. (Tip for other Macophiles: System
Prefs >  Keyboard > Text; uncheck "Use smart..." This has to be done even
if you're using a typeface - like the System font - that doesn't
distinguish between smart and dumb and m and n. Unless my uncompensated-for
astigmatism be lying to me. Youneverknow.)

I've suggested to Dennis that he remove formatting. But, if he's done it,
it hasn't made any difference, clearly.
--
-Wilson
-----