[Ads-l] three card monte (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Apr 10 17:24:20 UTC 2015

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Garson -- your posts come in clearly.  Mine do not.  What email client do you use?
(FWIW, I am currently typing directly into MS Outlook 2007).

Are there some settings I should reset?

To your post:
"San Francisco seems to be a key location" -- only after 1849 and the gold rush.  Before that, anecdotal evidence suggests New Orleans (which would be an explanation for the "French Monte" name).

"two different names" -- most of the common cons have several names.  For "loop"/"string game" see also "fast and loose", "pricking the garter", and "on the barrelhead".

Here:
http://scoundrelswiki.com/ScoundrelsBibliography

is a detailed bibliography on the cons.