[Ads-l] Snowclone: Can a (derog) X get a Y?

Sat Apr 18 17:29:13 UTC 2015

I also started to look at "Can a man get a drink around here?" and
"Where can a man get a drink?" But I could not really see clear
demarcations between the members in this large class of queries.

Year: 1914
Title: Life, Letters and Addresses of John Craig Havemeyer
Author: John Craig Havemeyer
Publisher: Fleming H. Revell Company, New York
Quote Page 324

https://books.google.com/books?id=uewEAAAAMAAJ&q=%22get+a+drink%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
Mr. Havemeyer -- If the law prohibits the manufacture and sale of
intoxicating liquors, where can a man get a drink?

"Mr. Wheeler -- In Maine, the farmer can make and drink cider. Private
distilleries may be worked and domestic wines may be made.
[End excerpt]

Garson