[Ads-l] locomotives as female

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Sun Apr 19 16:47:15 UTC 2015

Thanks, Garson, that's it. I looked at only a few sites, which didn't happen to mention the train/tunnel.
Joel

      From: ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2015 6:53 PM
 Subject: Re: [ADS-L] locomotives as female

Monty Python constructed a comedy sketch that included a film clip of
a train entering a tunnel and several other clumsy metaphorical
scenes. The sketch was in the 1971 film "And Now for Something
Completely Different".

Monty Python - Romantic interlude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXTxjQy4KOw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Now_For_Something_Completely_Different

[Begin excerpt]
Romantic Interlude: A man (Jones) and girlfriend (Cleveland) begin
making love, and several suggestive images are shown (an industrial
chimney collapse shown in reverse, a train entering a tunnel, a
torpedo being fired, etc.), but the images are actually only films
being played by the man, on a projector propped on the bed. The woman
testily asks whether he is actually going to do something or just show
films all night. The man replies with "Just one more, dear", and
proceeds to show the next and final sketch.
[End excerpt]