[Ads-l] Phrase: drop-dead gorgeous - NYT obit for Richard Corliss and OED

Sun Apr 26 00:49:12 UTC 2015

Based on extracted test, the article in Cue magazine with the phrase
"drop-dead-gorgeous costumes designed by Ray Aghayan" was probably a
review of the 1970 theatrical production of "Applause". The Internet
Broadway Database (IBDB) has the following information:

http://www.ibdb.com/production.php?id=3519&more=1

[Begin excerpt]
Applause
Palace Theatre, (3/30/1970 - 7/27/1972)
First Preview:          Mar 26, 1970          Total Previews:       4
Opening Date:         Mar 30, 1970
Closing Date:           Jul 27, 1972
Total Performances:          896
[End excerpt]

The lead role in "Applause" was played by Lauren Bacall according to
the extracted text from Cue and according to IBDB.

One of the snippets indicates that the section title "The Theatre"
appears in large bold letters on the page with the target phrase
(probably page 14). The article begins with "Applause --At the
Palace". The Palace Theater was the venue.

So the Cue issue was probably dated April 1970 or a bit later.

Garson