[Ads-l] Mickey D's (Antedating to Nov 10, 1976)

Mon Aug 3 16:29:56 UTC 2015

Bill Mullins
> And Barry's page now reaches back to 12 Nov 1976 (an earlier version
> of the  article found by Garson).

Thanks, Bill. Yesterday, I sent a message off-list to Barry about the
Nov. 14, 1976 citation for Raspberry's syndicated column mentioning
"Mickey D's". Barry found an instance of the column on Nov 12, 1976.
Barry has acknowledged my help and the help of others many times. In
this case, I told him there was no need to so.

Because of indolence, I do not always attempt to find the earliest
dated instance of a syndicated column, e.g., a report from Walter
Winchell or Sheilah Graham. Yet, before posting I did attempt a quick
query on the ProQuest database of the Washington Post, Raspberry's
home paper; the query failed because of defective OCR.  Now a
reformulated query produced the following incremental antedating: