[Ads-l] Testing the Horn Hypothesis

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Aug 5 15:48:53 UTC 2015

Interesting.   I guess that's one way to deal with what happens when the rules break down (as they do for case marking pronouns in conjoined noun phrases):  flip separate coins for each pronoun instead of one coin to handle both.  I would expect that maybe "between him and I" would be slightly more expected than "between he and me", if only because the objective case marked pronoun is closer to the preposition.   But I agree about the ouch.

LH