[Ads-l] "Full Nine Yards" from 1894

Sun Aug 9 23:16:57 UTC 2015

To supplement my previous post: Below is a short link to the desired
location together with a longer excerpt mentioning four different
bandage lengths. Nine yards was the longest.

Year: 1918
Title: The Treatment of Emergencies
Author: Hubley R. Owen M.D.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Company
Quote Page 206 and 207

http://bit.ly/1HAdncb

https://books.google.com/books?id=0vozAQAAMAAJ&q=%22nine+yards%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
A roller bandage is made by taking a strip of one of the
above-mentioned materials. The width and length depends upon the part
to be bandaged. For the fingers, hand or toes the bandage should be
one inch wide and three yards in length. For the arms and legs the
bandage should be two and one-half inches wide and seven yards long.

For bandaging the thigh groin or trunk the bandage should be three
inches wide and nine yards long. For bandaging the head the bandage
should be two inches wide and six yards long.
[End excerpt]