[Ads-l] go for a "Burton"--a 1944 etymology guess

Fri Aug 14 16:01:11 UTC 2015

I think there may be a sentence I was unable to extract after the
phrase "the other two went for a Burton." Google seems to have changed
the way the wild card asterisk works within queries performed on the
Google Books database.

When I use the asterisk the Google search engine now refuses to find
matching patterns within Google Books. If a mailing list member wants
to discuss this new Google search engine behavior please let me know
on  or off list.

Garson