[Ads-l] go for a "Burton"--a 1944 etymology guess

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 19 23:19:41 UTC 2015

Could be - but that would seem to indicate that the ale really is behind it.

FWIW, "gone for certain" strikes me as somewhat unidiomatic, at least in
the context of air warfare.

JL