[Ads-l] thoughts on "stacking"/"packing"/"stocking" cards (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Aug 25 17:31:06 UTC 2015

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

> It's intriguing, of course, that the earliest cite given is already a figurative usage [of a "stacked deck"].

The same can be said of "dealing from the bottom" of a deck of cards.  I've searched many times for this phrase in digitized newspapers, and it is far more common in the early 1800s as a figurative than a literal expression.

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED