[Ads-l] more fun with pronouns

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Aug 31 02:15:41 UTC 2015

From Keith Richards's reminiscences about his life and career and the ups and downs in his frenemyship with Mick Jagger as he (Richards) prepares for the release of a new solo rock album:

====================
Things are more diplomatic now. The Stones endure, with concerts planned in South America early next year. "Healthy competition is O.K.," Mr. Richards said. “Mick and I’s relationship is, we’ve known each other longer than anybody else. We’ve known each other since we were 4 or 5 years old. There’s been a lot of gaps in between, but at the same time, you’ve known somebody from the playground. We twist and turn. I mean, yeah, now and again we have beefs because we’re like brothers in that respect, and what brothers don’t have beefs now and again?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/30/arts/music/keith-richards-on-crosseyed-heart-its-solo-rock-n-roll-but-he-likes-it.html

Yup, that's "Mick and I's relationship".  Or maybe, to do Keef justice (while discounting the effect of self-documented heavy drug use over the decades), what he said was

[Mick and I]'s relationship.

Hard to hear the brackets.

LH