[Ads-l] ISIL [rhymes with whistle]

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 6 20:27:50 UTC 2015

Apparently there is no good way of writing the sounds of "ool" as in "wool" in a tradspel frendly way   The vowel is the "short oo"sound as in "wool"   Click on the flags and hear it at  http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wool .So for ISIL, the notation EYE-sull does not look like the short oo, but short u, as in hull,  Instead I hear it pronounced as short oo
What is needed for pronunciation is a standard English phonics based notation with one spelling per sound.   The pronunciation of ISIL as I hear it is ~Iesool,  With ~ie for long i (for long vowels the letter "e" is added), and with ~oo for short oo sound   Truespel is the answer.

Tom Zurinskas,  Originally SWConn 20 yrs,  college Tenn 3,  work NJ  33,  now FL 12.The need for truespel phonetics - http://justpaste.it/truespelnow