[Ads-l] Request for Modern Examples of Misquotation

Sun Dec 20 00:06:13 UTC 2015

Thanks for the interesting responses. Jim: The HathiTrust database
contains a few copies of the book by Alfred North Whitehead mentioned
in your note about eponymy. Here's a link to "The Organisation of
Thought, Educational and Scientific" and to the page containing the
expression of Whitehead’s Law.

http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015001996902

http://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015001996902?urlappend=%3Bseq=139

Strangely, Google Books contains copies of the Whitehead's book which
appeared in 1917, but access is blocked because all the books are in
"No Preview" mode.

Garson