[Ads-l] intrusive "of" intrudes further

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Wed Dec 30 04:33:23 UTC 2015

And now, from my other, 17y.o. son:

     [Incandescent light] is a lot warmer OF a light [than fluorescent].

This sentence also brings in another syntactic peculiarity, i.e. how
something that means "A light that is A lot warmer" (2 indefinite
articles) is phrased with just one indefinite article, i.e. not "*an a
lot warmer (of) a light."

Neal

--
Dr. Neal Whitman