[Ads-l] "on-court gags =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=94_?=or reams, as the players called them "

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 30 15:10:53 UTC 2015

Among other things, to "ream" has long meant to "victimize" in nasty or
painful ways.  Also to "upbraid" furiously.

The Globetrotters' noun, however, is new to me.

JL