[Ads-l] dunking the donut

Christopher Philippo toff at MAC.COM
Thu Feb 19 17:31:25 UTC 2015

On Feb 19, 2015, at 11:34 AM, David Barnhart <dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM> wrote:
> I wondered this morning while passing a local Dunkin' Donuts shop in
> Poughkeepsie, how many customers who purchase both a donut and a cup of
> coffee actually dunk their donut in the process of eating it.

Not many people even purchase the plain Old Fashioned Cake donuts there, I’d think, and dunking glazed, iced, or filled ones doesn’t sound appealing.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_middlebrow/2005/03/dunkin_donuts.html

> 	Dunkin Donuts has unveiled a new donut that has real coffee inside.
> 	Made from the coffee chain's signature blend, the Glazed Coffee Creme donut is a glazed shell filled with coffee buttercream and topped with a drizzle of chocolate icing. The Coffee, Creme & Sugar Donut is also made with a glazed shell stuffed with coffee butter creme and topped with powdered sugar.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/08/11/dunkin-donuts-introduces-coffee-flavored-donuts/

Though not an ADS question, I wonder when DD stopped making donuts on site and having them delivered from a commissary - or if they’ve always operated that way.

Christopher K. Philippo