[Ads-l] An ELL asks,Which English is better?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 3 15:23:31 UTC 2015

UK vs USA English – on the ESL question - which is better?

Nowadays you can "hear" pronunciation at
"talking" dictionaries on CD's or internet.  At  http://thefreedictionary.com by
clicking the UK or USA flags you can take your choice of accent.  Back in the 1700's the two accents were the
same.  Apparently UK has diverged the
more.  To me US accent and spelling is
far superior, but I'm from US.  And it's
more popular.  Today 70% of native
English speakers live in N America, 16% in UK (which is size of Louisiana).

For learning US accent I've developed truespel phonetics,
which can be learned in an hour and can be written as you speak in regular
letters.  see http://justpaste.it/course2 .

For UK accent, the British Council and BBC propose
"new" IPA- based "phonemics" http://bit.ly/13MLm4P
for teaching English.  It's an absolute
bloody mess of special symbols.  See my
videos on it at http://justpaste.it/ipachart
.  Not good.

English is the lingua franca of the world.  We need phonetics to be based on it as
well.  See http://justpaste.it/truespelnow .
Tom Zurinskas,  Origin Conn 20 yrs,  college Tenn 3,  work NJ  33,  now FL 12.The need for truespel phonetics - http://justpaste.it/truespelnow