[Ads-l] "fourth dimension" is not "time" to the OED? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Mon Jan 5 19:10:58 UTC 2015

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Also possibly of interest:

H. G. Wells, "THE CHRONIC ARGONAUTS" from _The Science Schools Journal_ (1888) published by the Royal College of Science
"Has it never glimmered upon your consciousness that nothing stood between men and a geometry of four dimensions -- length, breadth, thickness, and duration -- but the inertia of opinion, the impulse from the Levantine philosophers of the bronze age?"

"When we take up this new light of a fourth dimension and reexamine our physical science in its illumination," continued Nebogipfel, after a pause, "we find ourselves no longer limited by hopeless restriction to a certain beat of time -- to our own generation."