[Ads-l] You Only Live Once - YOLO

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 15 12:48:27 UTC 2015

Adj.

John Avlon on CNN:

"It's got a kind if YOLO quality to it."

Also, I offer my personal assurance  (FWTW) that the Schlitz commercials
urging me to "grab for the gusto" were indeed on the air in 1966. It was a
time when the concept of "beer" was becoming more interesting to me.

'65 is conceivable but seems a tad too early. Schlitz had been using the
word "gusto" alone for a few years.

This ad, from 1963, shows just how far American beer-ad culture (or
American  culture in general) has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hkh4quzK98

JL

JL