[Ads-l] "(jump) salty"

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Sat Jan 17 20:11:37 UTC 2015

I first heard "salty" in a song by a (white) DJ named Scott Beach in a track on the album Dr. Demento's Dementia Royale, ~1980. It was an aggressively dactylic chant called "Religion and Politics," and the relevant part went like this:

Then he got salty and
Threatened to give me a
Punch in the mouth if I
Didn't shut up and I ...