[Ads-l] "A gentleman never gives offense unintentionally"

Wed Jan 21 11:46:27 UTC 2015

Way back in October 2012 Jim Parish asked about a saying attributed to
Oscar Wilde. Now there is an entry on this topic available on the
Quote Investigator website:

A Gentleman Is a Man Who Never Gives Offense Unintentionally
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/01/21/offense/

Here is a link to the discussion thread for 2012.
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2012-October/122673.html

Garson