[Ads-l] "... _sense_ a quarter is 25 cents ..."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 22 19:22:50 UTC 2015

Is a war between "sense" and "since" - like that between "further" and
"farther," lost by "farther" - in the offing?

"case 12. Southeastern U.S. (chiefly South Carolina). a coin of a
particular denomination, as opposed to the same amount in change: a case
quarter."
Source(s): Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

http://goo.gl/nMexSM

"Chiefly South Carolina"?! Surely, no one can seriously believe that! That
nonsense spoils an otherwise-dynamite definition. To paraphrase the slogan
of the old U[nited]S[laves] Party, "Wherever we *are*, 'case,' *is*!"

--
-Wilson
-----