[Ads-l] "doggles"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jan 23 01:03:38 UTC 2015

Featured in a story on tonight's NBC News.  Yup, goggles for dogs, apparently all the rage: you retire and ride around the country on your chopper, with your faithful canine companion in the side-car wearing doggles.  I didn't realize from the episode that it's a proprietary name, but evidently it is: http://shop.doggles.com/dog/eyewear.  Still, a more esthetic blend to my ear than "deflatriot", "Belicheat", "Cheatriots", or what have you.   But then again I'm a New Englander, so maybe not entirely objective.

Another coinage or two along the way on this relatively original take on the "scandal":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&x-yt-cl=84359240&v=vd3D2gsPUR0

As for "doggles", I'm looking forward to the first computers (lab-tops?) on which dogs will be able to access the internet, using the patented fetch engine Doogle.  (And of course there's already Spotify for the musical mutts.)

LH