[Ads-l] "Kryptonite" Finally in OED (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Wed Jul 1 15:37:07 UTC 2015

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

OED still lacks "dilithium crystals" from Star Trek.

Mythical places included:
Atlantis, Mu, Shangri La, Midgard, Valhalla, Utopia (both More's literal place and figurative places), Flatland, Oz, Xanadu

Mythical places not [yet] included:
Krypton (Superman's home planet), Vulcan (Spock's home planet; the hypothetical planet of our solar system is included, as is the sense which includes Spock's race), Narnia, Middle Earth (Tolkien), Lilliput (it does show up in the etymology of Lilliput = person of small size), Brobdingnag (appears in etymology of Brobdingnag = large), Pellucidar