[Ads-l] To those who want more grammar in school: Get off my lawn!

Baron, Dennis E debaron at ILLINOIS.EDU
Tue Jul 7 05:26:18 UTC 2015

There’s a new post on the Web of Language:

To those who want more grammar in school: Get off my lawn!

To anyone who thinks that English is in a bad way because of texting and the Facebook, and that the way to reverse this is more grammar in school, I say, please, get off my lawn. Because you clearly don’t know anything about language and you don’t understand why the kind of grammar instruction we associate with schools should be left behind, not expanded.

read the full post here, on the Web of Language: http://bit.ly/1NKmgVy