[Ads-l] "Do me a solid service" from 1963

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 5 22:36:30 UTC 2015

This morning, I used the phrase "do me a solid", which was normal for me on
the streets of NYC. The person I was speaking to didn't know it, which led
me to look it up.

I quickly saw Arnold Zwicky's blogpost from 2011:

http://arnoldzwicky.org/2011/06/19/doing-a-solid/

It made sense to me until I came across the phrase "do me a solid service"
from 1963:

The autobiographical ana of Robley Dunglison, M.D.
Volume 53, Part 8 of Transactions of the American Philosophical Society
Author Robley Dunglison
Editor Samuel X. Radbill
Contributor Samuel X. Radbill
Publisher American Philosophical Society, 1963

Seems to me it deserves a mention, since "solid service" is a much older
phrase, and "do me a service" even older.

DanG