[Ads-l] ADS-L Digest - 4 Jun 2015 to 5 Jun 2015 (#2015-155)

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 7 13:43:50 UTC 2015

I think I've found a 1957 "word processing". Found via Google Books
snippet, the corresponding record at HathiTrust isn't full view (for me)
but is searchable and seems to confirm it.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZOm7AAAAIAAJ

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.35128001478328

Office management. v.18 no.1-6 Jan-June 1957, page 86 excavated from Google
Books:

[Begin]
All equipment categorized

Working equipment for the office has been broken down into three major
machine categories: "Number Processing," "Word Processing," "Material
Processing." Each category is assigned an index number in a given series of
ten digits, and then each category is further broken down within its
assigned ten group. Thus, Number Processing machines are broken down into
sub-categories of "Non-Descriptive," (no typewriting), "Descriptive" (with
typewriting) and "Non Arithmetic."

"Non Descriptive" machines are all identified by the index number 10, with
further breakdowns in the sub-category indicated by indicated by differing
decimal designations. "Descriptive machines all carry the index number 11;
"Non Arithmetic" machines, the index number 12. "

"Word Processing" machines carry index numbers in the twenties, "Material
Processing" machines in the thirties. "Word Processing" machines contain
the greatest number of subcategories, being broken down into ...
[End]

Hugo