[Ads-l] alpaca silver, paktong, mate/mat=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E9_?=and mateine

Sat Jun 13 02:30:59 UTC 2015

The earliest citation for "mateine" I find on Google Books is 1887. It
claims that mateine was obtained 44 years earlier, in 1843, so
presumably there are earlier citations, though perhaps not in English.

http://bit.ly/1HBUj2o (GB), http://bit.ly/1GjUnBu (World Cat)
The Modern Treatment of Diseases of the Heart: A Manual of Clinical
Therapeutics, Volume 1
Dujardin-Beaumetz; E P Hurd; Emmet Field Horine; Carleton B Chapman

=====
Guaranine, discovered in 1840 by Martin, is also identical with
caffeine; it is the same with mateine, obtained in 1843 from Paraguayan
maté...
...caffeine--theine, mateine, guaranine, had similar properties.
====

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/home