[Ads-l] Bad language of the 1890s

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 19 15:07:23 UTC 2015

Looks like it.

HDAS has a few 19th C. U.S. "ballocks" n. pl. cites, but by 1915 it was
pretty well gone. I'm not aware of any American novel that employs it.
None of my American students ever reported it on surveys.

BTW "bollocks" is the favored contemporary spelling. Calling Dr. Freud....

JL