[Ads-l] n-word update (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jun 24 00:30:12 UTC 2015

Are they really talking about the state flags, or the state-issued license plates, which include available options incorporating the Stars and Bars (that's for Virginia, Tennessee, and other states of the old Confederacy?  There was something on the TV news about it, and I see now this piece on politico:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/confederate-license-plates-in-crosshairs-but-not-in-south-carolina-119335.html

If I'm right, that clears up the question about semiotics; the confederate flag on the license plates is a confederate flag.

LH