[Ads-l] Antedating of "Beat Generation"

William Salmon wnsalmon at D.UMN.EDU
Fri Jun 26 15:45:03 UTC 2015

Speaking of antedating, I think Teddy Wayne antedates the word 'yuppie' by
four years in this New York Times piece of May 8, 2015.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/fashion/tell-tale-signs-of-the-modern-day-yuppie.html

The earliest OED citation is 1984, but Wayne mentions this 1980 citation
from author Dan Rottenberg in Chicago magazine:

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/May-1980/Yuppie/

WS