[Ads-l] Not entirely the listserve's fault [Was: Saying: With great power comes great responsibility (Request help with French)]

Sat Jun 27 04:18:39 UTC 2015

Joel Berson wrote:
> Well, its not entirely the listserve's fault, or perhaps even not
> at all the listserve's fault. I received the accents well rendered.

Thanks for your informative response, Joel. Perhaps I owe an apology
to the mailing list software. The situation is confusing (to me). I
use gmail, and a copy of the message that I sent was retained in the
"Sent Mail" folder. That copy is perfectly readable; however, the copy
that was emailed back to me from the mail gateway is not readable.

Returning to a lexicographical topic, I see that "bit-rot" is in
Wikitonary and Wikipedia. Maybe other dictionaries will
add it. (OED has Bitcoin as a draft addition dated
December 2014.)

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bit_rot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_rot

Garson