[Ads-l] Early WOTY Contender: Snow Farm

Mon Mar 2 01:59:27 UTC 2015

Reminiscent of a term that is now largely obsolete:

The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia (1911 edition)

[Begin excerpt]
ice farm

n. A body of water with the necessary buildings devoted to the
production of ice for the market; in India, a place where ice is
obtained by allowing water to freeze at night, in shallow earthenware
pans. Sci. Amer., Jan. 25, 1908, p. 58.
[End excerpt]

They  just need to find a paying market for blocks of snow.
Garson