[Ads-l] to script = to write (in calligraphy)

Sat Mar 7 01:12:38 UTC 2015

In his Arabic calligraphy course (http://bit.ly/1NrOPJ1), Omar Uddin
repeatedly uses the word "script" (see free preview of lesson 34, for
example) to mean write.

This meaning is not covered on the Oxford Dictionary site or Wiktionary.

This usage doesn't seem very common, but it is in use. See:

http://www.mariegraboso.com/calligraphy/
Hand picked eggplant envelopes, that were written in calligraphy that I
scripted by hand with an elaborate G embedded in white wax to seal the deal.

http://bit.ly/1G8Qr4U
I SCRIPTED THE WORD "CATALUNYA" REPEATEDLY IN A CALLIGRAPHY PATTERN THAT
GIVES THE TIE A SYMBOLIC, ABSTRACT EFFECT.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/home