[Ads-l] Well, that's unexpected.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 16 14:25:06 UTC 2015

I think I posted something on this a few years back.  At any rate, I recall
a graduate student in English insisting to me some ten or twelve years ago
that "diffuse" was correct in such cases.

She wasn't sure why. Maybe because "defuse" meant bombs.

JL