[Ads-l] "distraction" -- the (not-so-)new euphemistic apology upon "resigning"

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Tue Mar 17 19:22:50 UTC 2015

And continuing to run strongly.

"Republican Rep. Aaron Schock of Illinois, dogged by irregularities in his campaign finance and congressional spending accounts, suddenly announced on Tuesday that he would resign his House seat at the end of the month."

The article quotes Schock as saying "... the constant questions over the last six weeks have proven a great distraction that has made it too difficult for me to serve the people of the 18th District with the high standards [sic] that they deserve and which I have set for myself."

>From http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/illinois-rep-aaron-schock-announces-resignation-29702986

His congressional spending accounts -- He is alleged to have spent $40K rahabilitating his office to resemble a Downton Abbey room (he has repaid $35K of that).

His campaign financing irregularities -- I have not investigated.

Joel