[Ads-l] Phrases: continental to the bone, silked to the bone, laid to the natural bone

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 21 20:28:36 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 3:40 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <
adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> wrote:

> the HDAS cite for drunk was "stoned to the bone".

Far superior to the "tore up from the floor up" that my baby brother likes.
Of course, even Bay's - I refuse to use the current spelling, "bae";
surely, that surprises no one ;-) - catch-phrase is now as antiquated as
"stoned to the bone." I heard him using it back in '87, when he became the
first person that I ever heard use "I'ma" instead of "I'mone" [amoUN],
outside of the article in which Labov described it.

--
-Wilson
-----