[Ads-l] hypercorrect pluralization of attributives

Sun Mar 29 14:03:27 UTC 2015

Below is a plural example in 1910: "the automobiles industry", but
this phrase occurred infrequently, I think.

Year: 1910
Title: Men and Women of America: A Biographical Dictionary of Contemporaries
Publisher: L. R. Hamersly & Company, New York
Entry title: Roy Dikeman Chapin
Quote Page 325

https://books.google.com/books?id=KOgUAAAAYAAJ&q=%22Ella+Rose%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
He was educated in the Lansing High School and the University of
Michigan, and he has been connected with the automobiles industry
almost since its inception.
[End excerpt]

Garson