[Ads-l] siftless

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 30 11:23:21 UTC 2015

A USMC veteran interviewed on the BBC series "The World at War" (1974)
recalled that his drill instructor during WW2 had told him, "If you're
looking for sympathy, look in the dictionary between 'shit' and 'syphilis.'"

It was the first "shit" I'd ever heard on TV.

JL