[Ads-l] Fwd: "To say it wasn't transparent is unfair to most black boxes."

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 8 14:53:39 UTC 2015

A turn of phrase that was new to me. In fact, I am not sure I have ever
seen the term "black box" used generically for a governmental process (as
opposed to, say, computer code) that was not transparent.
DanG

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2015/05/8567501/zucker-confirmed-states-16th-health-commissioner

*Subject:* LICH/State Health Commissioner Confirmation

*Capital*: Zucker confirmed as state's 16th health commissioner
<http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/albany/2015/05/8567501/zucker-confirmed-states-16th-health-commissioner>

By Dan Goldberg

The most direct criticism came from Senator Daniel Squadron, the Democrat
from Brooklyn, who criticized the health department's handling of Long
Island College Hospital.

"It was a disaster on every front," Squadron said. "To say it wasn't
transparent is unfair to most black boxes."