[Ads-l] "Shibbolize"

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Mon May 18 18:52:57 UTC 2015

This word has been around for about 6 years (by Google search), and I'm mildly ashamed to say I even know what it means. Shibboleth is an international authentication standard that universities use to permit us to log in to each other's systems, essentially automating this:

if your university trusts you, our university will too.

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT/Soon-to-be Chief Privacy Officer
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.