[Ads-l] Harvard digitizing its entire collection of U.S. case law (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Mon Nov 2 16:51:11 UTC 2015

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

> Here is news of an important new legal and linguistic database under construction. The accompanying video shows pages being cut from
> bindings.
>
> The non-destructive Google Books approach seems to be superior, in my opinion. If you have any sway with the Harvard digitizers please let
> them know. (Of course, the video may be inaccurate, and the digitizers may think they have the best approach.)

The scanner on my home printer has a sheet feed mechanism.  I've taken more than one book and guillotined the spine so I can stack the loose pages in the hopper and scan them.

But next time I may try these folks:

http://blog.eogn.com/2014/06/29/scan-and-digitize-your-books-for-1-each/

Sometimes the physical book is common enough or otherwise has so little value that destructive scanning makes sense.
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED